Dark and, at times, amusing fiction from award-winning author Dave Zeltserman

Thursday, October 7, 2010

"dark and exciting as all hell"


"This is one of those novels, like Cormac McCarthy’s The Road, that should be shoved in the hands of young readers to show them that books can be complex thematically while also thrilling at the same time."

The above (slightly edited) quote is from the NerdOfNoir's review of The Caretaker of Lorne Field over at Spinetingler Magazine. The Nerd is one of my favorite reviewers--and not because he tends to like my novels, but because the guy gets at the heart of the matter better than just about anyone out there. When I read his reviews I know I'm getting real insight as to what the book's about. And his profanity-laced reviews can be a blast to read. This one in particular made me smile since he has 15 more uses of profanities in his review than I had in the whole book! Thanks Nerd!

No comments: