Dark and, at times, amusing fiction from award-winning author Dave Zeltserman

Friday, November 30, 2007

I'd be amiss...

I'm still working my way through Out of the Gutter #3, and I want to mention "Playing Dead" by Jordan Harper. This is as good a piece of dark urban pulp as I've across in years. The story involves a vicious Jamaican gang raiding a Brooklyn drug den intent on a massacre, and the lengths one guy is willing to go through to try to survive. The writing is pitch perfect, and the story so far takes the award for the most violent in the journal. Damn good stuff, and I'll be looking for more from Mr. Harper in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Dave ...

Thanks for the kind words on the story. I'm glad you liked it. If you want to read more, I just got www.jordanharper.com up. Check it out.