Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Still time to give Aukowies for the holidays!
Stumped on the holiday present to give the person who has everything? May I suggest Aukowies? They can make the perfect present, especially for those who tend not to have the best luck with house plants or goldfish. They're easy to feed, and also they're tough, durable, and nearly impossible to kill. And now with the paperback edition of The Caretaker of Lorne Field, a book full of Aukowies have never been cheaper!
Here are 10 additional reasons to consider giving the gift of Aukowies during this holiday season:
1) Short listed by the American Library Association for best horror novel of 2010
2) Black Quill nominee for best dark genre book of 2010
3) "Superb mix of humor and horror" Publishers Weekly in a starred review
4) "delicious horror-ish novel" Newsday
5) "truly demented noir-horror monsterpiece" critic Chauncey Mabe
6) "a nail-biter" Library Journal
7) "This might be one of the best books of the year" Bookgasm
8) "Harrowing. Zeltserman colors it black with the best of them." Kirkus Reviews
9) "a very darkly funny dark fantasy" Locus Magazine
10) "superbly crafted horror story" Booklist