Dark and, at times, amusing fiction from award-winning author Dave Zeltserman

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Where my ideas come from: The Caretaker of Lorne Field


My wife and I bought a house where we had what I think was a black locust with a root system that ran all over our front yard and the side of our house. Every day, 100s of weeds would pop up from this root system, and they'd grow fast, maybe growing as much as a foot after 4-5 days, and then they'd develop thorns. IF left unattended I'd have a forest of these black locusts, so every day I'd pull out 100s of them. After a few years of doing this I told my wife I was going to write a book about these weeds. Maybe I was joking, maybe I was serious, I can't say for sure now, but when she told me I was nuts, I had no choice, I had to write the book then!

I'd like to thank Paul Tremblay and John Langon For their write up yesterday on The Caretaker of Lorne Field.

No comments: