Dark and, at times, amusing fiction from award-winning author Dave Zeltserman

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Loophole in the system

I got my author copies of Pariah Friday. They look great, Serpent's Tail did an exceptional job with it, and for those who I've promised copies, they should be in the mail Monday.

The book was just released in the UK Thursday and I don't yet have a US publishing date. It's going to be at least 6 months, probably longer, but there seems to be a bug in the system and some of the online stores like amazon and Tower Records (www.tower.com, which is right now deeply discounting Small Crimes at $7.99) are leaking copies from different UK distributors. They're probably not supposed to be doing this until the book is released in the US, but if you want to take advantage of this loophole and get an early copy, now's the time. I can't guarantee you'll like the book, but so far the reaction I've gotten from my early readers, editor, publisher, and early reviews pretty much matches this sentiment from The Bookbag's review of Pariah:

"It's the kind of book that is going to spoil whatever I read next, as it's going to be found wanting compared to this. This is a book that anyone with even the slightest interest in the crime or thriller genres simply must get their hands on, as it's bound to have a huge impact on you."

2 comments:

Ali Karim said...

Hi Dave -

My new years resolution is to read PARIAH and then SMALL CRIMES

I'm in the middle of having a mass sort out of my books, then coffee, light and phone off the hook

Best

Ali

Dave Zeltserman said...

Hi Ali,

Damn it, I'm writing books faster than you can read them! ;)

Seriously, I look forward to your thoughts on both--especially Pariah.

Best,
Dave