Dark and, at times, amusing fiction from award-winning author Dave Zeltserman

Friday, November 16, 2018

Amazing coincidences #5,891

As far as coincidences go, this is a small one, but still kind of amazing. Or maybe it's simply a case of synchronicity at play. In the 2017 July/August issue of EQMM, both Loren Estleman (one of my favorite crime writers) and myself both had Nero Wolfe pastiches. In his Claudius Lyons story, his first line:

The moon turned blue, swine flew, and hell sprouted icicles.

In my Julius Katz story, my second line:

Anyone who knew Julius as well as I did would’ve thought the world had tipped onto its axis, or maybe the river Styx had frozen over into a skating rink, or at the very least, pigs had sprouted wings and were flapping themselves across the Boston skyline.

A coincidence, synchronicity, or something else? Who knows?

No comments: