Dark and, at times, amusing fiction from award-winning author Dave Zeltserman

Monday, December 2, 2013

More on Bad Thoughts

"This fast-paced, gritty psychological tale balances the fine line between mystery and horror." Library Journal on BAD THOUGHTS

"A compellingly clever wheels-within-wheels thriller, Zeltserman's new novel blends genres in a subtle mix that will appeal to both mystery and horror fans." Booklist on BAD THOUGHTS

Since I started my promotion on BAD THOUGHTS last Saturday, the book has sold well on Amazon and at one point made it asthe top best seller on Amazon for both horror and hardboiled mystery (last I checked it's been holding the #2 position in both categories), and I thought I'd write a little more about the book and how it came to be.

BAD THOUGHTS was my second novel, and I wrote this back in '96 (it was published by Five Star in 2007), and at the time I was dealing with the death of someone very close to me. One of the things I did to try to cope was take a workshop in inducing out of body experiences and experimenting fervently in the hope of being able to do this, another thing I did was write BAD THOUGHTS.

I'll say upfront that if you believe astral projection is pure hokum and are unable to suspend your disbelief in it, you're not going to like this book. Otherwise, though, there's a very good chance you'll find this an exciting and captivating thriller. It's very grim and brutal and very different from anything else I've written, even its sequel, BAD KARMA, and being my second book there are some parts in it that make me flinch now, but it also has the type of energy that you can only get in a first or second novel.  And as grim and violent as it is the ending moves like a bullet and should leave you cheering. Ultimately, the book is about surviving horrible stuff and being able to move on in your life.

The sale is still going on, and you can still grab this today for $0.99, or for $2.99 starting tomorrow for the second part of the countdown sale.

No comments: