Dark and, at times, amusing fiction from award-winning author Dave Zeltserman

Saturday, October 5, 2013

MIND PRISON available now

I've made my short story, MIND PRISON, which was originally published in Crime Factory First Shift, available as a $0.99 kindle ebook.

As a teenager I read a lot of science fiction, with Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury, Harlan Ellison, and Robert Silverberg being my favorite writers. For some reason I'm not quite sure of I've never written much science fiction unless you consider my Julius Katz works science fiction also, which I guess is possible. Before MIND PRISON, the only science fiction story I wrote was ALMOST HUMAN, which like MIND PRISON, is also a heavy mix of noir and science fiction. While I can't guarantee MIND PRISON will surprise you, I'm pretty sure it will

Praise for MIND PRISON:

"MIND PRISON is a dandy tale of hubris and horror that both Philip K. Dick and O. Henry would heartily endorse." Lee Goldberg, author of THE HEIST and THE WALK

"MIND PRISON is a mix of science fiction and noir as diverting as it is surprising." Max Allan Collins, author of ROAD TO PERDITION

"A taut, dark, searing science fiction story filled with noir atmospherics--greed, sexual betrayal, murder--that evokes the best of Philip K. Dick's grim near future." Ed Gorman, author of CAGE OF NIGHT and FLASHPOINT

"MIND PRISON features a novel and Orwellian solution to the problem of overcrowding in American prisons." Publishers Weekly


No comments: